2.0.7: inherit permissions = yes breaks setting read-only on files

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Wed Aug 23 07:18:39 GMT 2000

Jerry,

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 19:46:13 -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:

>> Is there any way this will make its way into the
>> production code?

>I'll check on it with Jeremy once you and Michael some
>to a conclusion.  If you could summarize and send me
>the patch, I'll work on getting it into HEAD.

I think we have come pretty far with these three lines of code. :-)

I will send you a patch, but the problem remains that someone needs to
write the autoconf detection code for HAVE_BROKEN_MKDIR. Without this
code the patch won't harm any system with a non-broken mkdir() but the
systems in question would be pushed back to the level of 2.0.6 .

I guess, "gcarter at lanier.com" is one of your AKAs. If you could tell
me which type of system is in question and the address of someone with
such a system able and willing to compile/run some lines of code from
me, I would be happy to provide the autoconf detection code too.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647