2.0.7: inherit permissions = yes breaks setting read-only on files

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Tue Aug 22 23:06:53 GMT 2000

  [Robert Dahlem]
> > int dos_mkdir(char *dname,mode_t mode)
> > {
> >   int ret = mkdir(dos_to_unix(dname,False),mode);

[Tim Cole]
> I believe non-constant initializers are a GNU C extension.

I'm not sure (it's been a long time since I've regularly used a non-gcc
cc) but I don't think so.  I believe you are thinking of this one, from
the info page:

     As in standard C++, the elements of an aggregate initializer for an
  automatic variable are not required to be constant expressions in GNU C.
  Here is an example of an initializer with run-time varying elements:

       foo (float f, float g)
       {
         float beat_freqs[2] = { f-g, f+g };
       }

This only applies to aggregate expressions (curly braces).

Peter