[OT but please read] ORBS blacklisting ns1.samba.org

David Ford david at kalifornia.com
Tue Aug 22 03:14:54 GMT 2000

I didn't say ORBS spammer list, I said blacklist.  It's their heavy
handed way of blacklisting an entire netblock for any number of reasons,
intentionally including hosts that test clean.

It isn't a 'mail admin mistake'.  ORBS groups all hosts, bad or good in
spammer havens as 127.0.0.5.  You can't distinguish bad hosts from good
hosts in that block unless they are also registered elsewhere.

People will stop blaming ORBS when ORBS stops their
everybody-is-guilty-by-association-or-geography approach.

-d

--
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was