[homes] vs [homes$]

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Mon Aug 21 17:14:29 GMT 2000

[Mark E. Drummond <mark.drummond at rmc.ca>]
> I'd search the archives but they have not yet been tx'd.

I have archives going back to November.  They are searchable, but the
indexer keeps crashing and I haven't yet tracked down why, so I'm not
sure how up-to-date the indices are.

  http://samba.cadcamlab.org/lists/

> Is it possible to have a generic share like [homes] that hides all
> user home dir shares by default by appending a "$" to them?

[%U$]
  path = /home/%U

%U means the authenticated username.  And no, this won't work if your
users don't have a regular home directory path like /home/%U.  Also,
you probably want to make sure you aren't in "security = share" mode.

Peter