Samba vs Solaris PC-Netlink

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Mon Aug 21 12:03:05 GMT 2000

Gary asked:
| Does anyone have any idea how Solaris PC-Netlink compares to Samba?

Sure: I did a paper on it this spring, I'll see if it's been published
yet.
In the meantime:

- it does ACLS, but stores them in a file, which you need to save
  during backups. They **do not** control access from the Unix side.

- it will happily be a domain controller

- it doesn't do ldap

- it doesn't do single-signon (yet)

- The 1.2 version is faster than it was, so the client limit
  in no longer 1000 or less.

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com