ERRSRV - ERRbadpw -name/password

A. Benjamin inbox at t-online.de
Thu Aug 17 20:27:55 GMT 2000

Hello list,

Can anyone tell me how to rectify this error of "ERRSRV - ERRbadpw
-name/password"?

Samba outputs this message when I input the command line smbclient -U%
-Localhost. What I think it is that the passwd file in Linux 6.0 does not have
the uer (myself) listed in its file. So I opt to do this by inputting "smbpasswd
-a user" and it reports: YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not found, User "so and so"
was not found in the system password file.

How do I go about inputting myself as user in the pswd file?