Win95 system policy editor problems and samba.

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Wed Aug 16 22:37:03 GMT 2000

[This is an email copy of a Usenet posting to "comp.protocols.smb"]

Hi there,

We have samba-2.0.7 configured on a RH6.2 machane and I'm trying to get
system policies working correctly.  The Win95 machine is setup to logon to a
domain and that all works.  When I run poledit.exe and attempt to add a user
or group by hitting the user or group button and then the browse button I get
this error:

There was an error trying to access the Address Book Provider.

On the samba machine I see the following in the smbd log:

smbd/ipc.c:api_fd_reply(3314)
	api_fd_reply:  INVALID PIPE HANDLE: 0

Also system policies work fine for single user names but not for groups.
Anyone else experince this?

I'd love to get this working.