response to Luke's Letter [part I]

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Aug 16 16:50:48 GMT 2000

Folks,

As a member of the Samba Team, I want to add a few
quick comments and I'll follow up later with more details.

1)	The Samba code has not forked.  Don't
  	believe any rumors people posted to the
	mailing lists.  Rest easy.

2)	There is no dissension among members of
	the Samba Team.  Luke's letter was his
	own and as all members of the team
	he is free to move one to other projects as he
	wishes and to continue to work on Samba
	under the same development guidelines we
	all respect.

3)	PDC development will continue.  While Luke
	undoubtedly does understand the Windows NT
	domain control protocol the most,
	his code provides the documentation that was
	previously absent for the rest of us.

Can't think of any other rumors to squash at
the moment, so that is all for now.  More installments
most likely to come.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org