Per-directory quotas

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Wed Aug 16 14:11:50 GMT 2000

Richard R Moorage asked:
| Has anyone seen or used a tool to manage quotas on Linux on a
| per directory basis?   It can be open source, or proprietary, or
| whatever.

 I can think of a couple of ways to do per **share** quotas:
     1) with force user, make all files in specific shares
 	be under the control of Unix quotas
     2) with root preface, refuse to allow connections
	to overeat shares
     3) with root post exec, nag users if they overfill a share
     4) with root post exec, make the directory non-writable
	when it gets overfilled

and so on...

  Send me mail and tell me what the expected requirements are
and how the NT guys would do it, maybe we can design something
elegant...

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com