problem

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Fri Aug 11 19:15:13 GMT 2000

[jsauerborn at tmpwdirect.com <jsauerborn at tmpwdirect.com>]
> A problem has recently occurred on our network. We are using an HP
> 9000 server running HP-UX 10.20 and Samba 1.9.17.p1.

10.20 may not be so out-of-date, but 1.9.17 is.  It's at least two
years old, which is a century in free software terms.

Before going any further, try upgrading to Samba 2.0.7.  (Remember the
one big 2.0 upgrade caveat: the "security=" parameter default changed
from SHARE to USER.)

If 2.0.7 doesn't solve your problems, or in fact makes them worse, read
the documentation.  If that doesn't help, get back to us.

Peter