Memory leak in 2.0.7?

H.-P. Ermert ermert at snafu.de
Fri Aug 11 08:15:42 GMT 2000

Hello Bill,

One of our customers told us, that samba-2.0.7 processes on Solaris 2.6
are eating up existing memory gradually. But it did not start
immediately after the upgrade from 2.0.5a to 2.0.7 and the Server is
running file and print services for about 80 concurrent users
(Windows-NT 4.0 in a domain, WinCenter standalone).
In the current situation we will probably have to stop and restart samba
once a week to avoid severe problems.
It is the smbd father process that is using more and more memory (abt.
20 MB) and child processes inherit the memory usage .
There are 3 different samba-configurations running (compiled for 3
different installation locations) serving 3 different IP-Adresses on the
same machine.

Is there anybody else having the same problem? And a patch?

Regards
  Peter

--
 Ing. Buero Ermert           ___ at ___