Samba 2.0.7, cannot find netbios names

Ben Meyer Ben_Meyer at pfm.org
Wed Aug 9 20:15:45 GMT 2000

When I try to Ping a server using it's netbios name it reports the
following:
ping: unknown host 'Tux' (or other netbios name)
When I ping it using the IP address, it works fine. I can ping using the
netbios name on my 2.0.6 Samba server (on another system).  I can't find any
relevant messages in the log file as to why this is happening (just requests
from other systems to for name lookup). Does anyone know if this is a bug in
Samba 2.0.7? Is there a way to fix this? Everything seems to be set up the
same as with my 2.0.6 server in the smb.conf file.

Thanks,

Ben Meyer