Moving to a new domain

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Tue Aug 8 02:38:28 GMT 2000

[Larry Goodman <Larry.Goodman at Intense3D.com>]
> I've moved several samba servers to a new domain and subsequently
> they will not authenticate with the new PDC (using Server or Domain
> security). I've updated the "workgroup" and "password server" and
> they show up in the N'Hood, public shares are accessable, but shares
> that require authentication are not.

This may be a stupid question, but have you joined the new domain?
It's easy: First add your computer to the domain using Server Manager
on your PDC (it's under Administrative Tools).  Then use `smbpasswd -j
DOMAIN' on your Samba box -- or if your DC isn't browseable, use
`smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r DCNAME'.

Peter