smbmount version problem

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Fri Aug 4 12:46:22 GMT 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Sayyid Kamyar Izadi wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> I have installed Samba 2.0.7 with --with-smbmount option
> from the tar file but when i execute the below command
> >smbmount
> i got the version 2.0.5a with help messages.
> Is it true or my installation has problem?

It's an installation problem.

Run 'which smbmount' it will tell you which smbmount the shell runs (the
path to it). The tar.gz of samba installs itself as /usr/local/samba so
your shell probably does not find the new binaries.

Remove at least the smbmount, smbmnt and smbumount from the 2.0.5 version.
If you installed that from an rpm they are probably in /usr/bin or
/usr/sbin.

/Urban