Samba 2.0.7 Install

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Wed Aug 2 21:00:30 GMT 2000

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Ben Meyer wrote:

> I am building Samba 2.0.7 myself with a GCC compiler (2.95.2), which has no
> problems. However, after I do make install, the system still will not find
> smbd or nmbd. Are there any patches or anything that I have use on the
> source so it will work?

No, the source is fine.

When you run './configure --help' what does it say for "prefix"?
Can you find the files there?

Making some symlinks from /usr/local/bin or simply adding
/usr/local/samba/bin to the path should solve the problem. Of course
servers should be started with full path, /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D, to
avoid path related problems.

Another option might be 'find / -name smbd'  :)

/Urban