SGID bit in Samba 2.0.7

Jochen R. Duemmel jochen at duemmel.com
Wed Aug 2 18:21:10 GMT 2000

Hello,

we use the SGID bit on Solaris for directories to force setting
the given group from the directories above (not the primary group).

If we create directories with Samba 2.0.7, the SGID bit will not set
on the new directory. With Samba 2.0.6 and below all worked fine.

Is there a work around or a bug fix available?

Thx
Sincerly yours

Jochen Duemmel

PS: we use Samba for a server consolidation on a Sun E10K
to remove 70 NT Servers. There are 2000 clients.
It's a very important project at Siemens in germany.