Samba 2.0.7 & Transfer speeds

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Tue Aug 1 11:40:25 GMT 2000

infernix wrote:
> But what i dont understand is why i really have to do unix to unix, since
> the samba transfer in windows 98 is just about as fast as with ftp?

	Then you don't: that eliminates win2k from the
	possible culprits.  I'm doing piecewise elimination
	of whole catagories of things that can go wroneg...

	Ok, time to lok at samba logs, with timestamps.
	Set log level to 3, and try two copies, one from
	win2k and one from win98, otherwise exactly
	identical. and mail me the smbd logs.

--dave

Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com