Browsing with two subnets & two workgroups

Florian G. Pflug fgp at fgp.priv.at
Sat Apr 29 15:26:02 GMT 2000

Hi

How do I get the following browse-setup to work?

                   ---------
                   |   A   |
                   |Linux  |
                   ---------
 WG1 192.168.10.0    |   |   WG2 192.168.10.0
----------------------   -----------------
  |            |               |
--------   --------        --------
|  B   |   |   C  |        |   D  |
|Win98 |   |WinNT |        |Win98 |
--------   --------        --------

On the first subnet I want to use the Workgroup WG1, and on the second
subnet the workgroup WG2.

The Router A runs samba 2.0.5, and acts as a WINS-Server,
A is the DMB and LMB for WG1.

Now what would solve my problem, is if A could also be DMB and LMB for WG2 -
but I didn't find a way to specify this in the config files.

I tried to run two instances of samba (actually of nmbd) on A, but this
somehow broke the WINS-server as long as I did not specify "bind interfaces
only".
As soon as I specify "bind interfaces only", both samba-instances work, but
of course they don't know anything about each other, and don't exchange
browsing information.

Does anyone have something like this running?

Please reply to me directly, or put me in the CC, since I don't have time to
read the samba list every day.

Greetings, Florian Pflug