call_nt_transact_ioctl

Chuck Thier chuck at kamico.com
Sat Apr 29 05:53:57 GMT 2000

Samba Development Team:

We are currently running samba on a Redhat 6.1 Linux installation, and are
having difficulty in one area.  We run Quick Books Pro 99 and everything
works fine, until two people try to access the database at the same time.
When I look in the logs, I notice the error:

nttrans.c: call_nt_transact_ioctl (2516)
    call_nt_transact_ioctl: currently not implemented

It would appear that our difficulty is due to this functionality not being
implemented.  When I look at the source code, I notice that is says that
there are currently no plans as to when this might get implemented.  Is
there any way that priority for this functionality could be increased?  If
there are no plans, what is the difficulty at adding this functionality and
to where could I look to get an idea of its implementation.  It is very
crucial for us to use this functionality, and if I cannot resolve this
problem I will be forced to move to Windows 2000 (Which I really do not want
to do).  Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for
your time.

--
Chuck Thier
Programmer for Kamico Instructional Media
chuck at kamico.com