OFF TOPIC: Inquiry from a reporter re reverse engineering

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Wed Apr 26 06:11:42 GMT 2000

dave,

we do not want samba to be upheld in a test case as "a shining example of
a good project that is being Done Wrong by Various Laws".

the consequences of this will be that various blind eyes will suddenly be
forced to be opened, and be forced to investigate possibilities in what
are currently grey areas, even though we have been following very specific
guidelines, to stay on the white side.

i couldn't care less if some OTHER project was used as a test case in a
court of law, which would probably require that the project be suspended
and withdrawn from distribution WORLDWIDE, pending investigation.

just not this one.

thanks.

luke

p.s why did you send this to samba at samba.org, tell me that was a mistake,