Samba is died!

Steffen Moser moser at egu.schule.ulm.de
Sun Apr 23 19:31:01 GMT 2000

Hello,

Cristina Stanciulescu wrote:

> But yesterday I couldn´t connect anymore. Though nothing was changed in
> the last time.

Is the SCO machine still answering "pings"? Are there other services
than "samba" (e.g. "ftp", "telnet",...) running on this machine? Are
they running well?

> Even smbclient from the server itself said:
>
> Added interface ip=192.1.1.51 bcast (etc.)
> session request to WM1 failed
> session request to *SMBSERVER failed

> I restarted the machine but it didn´t help.
>
> The log.smb file says immediately after restart:

Is "nmbd" also running? Perhaps you find further information within
"log.nmb".

> [2000/04/22 12:56:45, 1] smbd/files.c: (219)
>    file init: Information only: requested 10000 open files, 100 are
> available.

This is not an error. It is an information message only and I am quite
sure that it is not related to your problem. I have a similar message
("..., 1014 are available") in the log files of my Linux/samba servers
and they run quite well. ;-)

> Thanks for any idea!
>
> cristina

Bye,