File locking, Linux Redhat 6.1, samba 2.0.6 and netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4

Kevin (HxPro) Wheatley hxpro at cinesite.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 18:12:01 GMT 2000

Hi,

we're trying to use the above combination with Win NT clients, but there
doesn't appear to be communication about file locking going on as the
mac users are able to corrupt samba's files, is there anything that
needs to be turned on/off on samba to tell the netatalk daemons to stop
doing nasty things?  (or vice versa)

Has anybody else had problems with this particularily under Word and
Filemaker Pro ?

Thanks

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley             | These are the opinions of nobody   |
| Technical Services Manager | and are not shared by my employers |