AW: Machines not disappearing from browse list

Rudolf Kollien Rudolf.Kollien at kollien.de
Wed Apr 12 19:50:35 GMT 2000

I've exactly the same problem. My config looks similar to yours: 1 samba as
wins server (wins support=yes" on one segment, 1 samba as "wins server
client" (wins server = xxx). The "wins server client" never discards
machines from segment 1. I looked at the browse.dat and the wins.dat on the
server on segment 1. There are no entries of the shutdowned maschines. Only
in the files on server 2. I tried it with/without "remote browse sync" and
"remote announce". No change. May be "wins min/max ttl" will help. But as i
read in the man's, i didn't change this parameter. Maybe we are the only
users with this configuration (and problem). I posted this to the bug list
(PR#20872) but didn't get a response. The problem still persist in version
2.0.6.

As you wrote it is not a problem which makes sambe unusable. But give a good
answer a user who tries to connect to a machine on the other segment which
is shown in the network neighborhood and can not be reached.

Regards

System-Consulting Kollien
Rudolf Kollien

Email: Rudolf.Kollien at kollien.de
Our home on the net: http://www.kollien.de
Never trust a operating system you have no sources for