Linking problem on HP-UX 10.20

willy morel willy.morel at imag.fr
Tue Apr 11 13:32:32 GMT 2000

Gentle People,

I'm trying to compile Samba on a HP-UX 10.20 version with gcc. The
compiling looks OK but when the linking starts I get the following error:

Linking bin/smbd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/usr/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   dlclose (code)
/usr/bin/ld: (Warning) Linker features were used that may not be supported
in future releases. The +vallcompatwarnings option can be used to display
more details, and the ld(1) man page contains additional information. This
warning can be suppressed with the +vnocompatwarnings option.
make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1

I use the default parameters in the Makefile.

Can somebody give me a hint on how to continue ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

willy morel

cordialement willy morel