DOMAINNAME\Username

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at mail.xavier.sa.edu.au
Tue Apr 11 01:36:02 GMT 2000

Sorry Luke,

You may have already answered this, but I have had a few minor setbacks the last couple of days and haven't received any mail over the last week.

Can you explain who needs the DOMAINNAME\Username? As of when? And why this is needed? Also any side effects of doing this (I know it may cause a problem with the username length on some *cough* antiquated *cough* systems ;-). (Just jokes - don't flame please).

I understand the NT side of the concept, but am confused as to how come Samba needs this stuff in /etc/passwd.

Oh yeah, is DOMAINNAME the trusted domain or the current domain?

Thanks heaps,
Matt