passwd problem

Rich Quinn rquinn at sss.sight-n-sound.com
Mon Apr 10 17:23:19 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have a network of NT workstations that utilizes samba to access
some sparc solaris 2.6 boxes.

I have 30 users who are able to use samba to access the sparcs from their
NT boxes via Windows NT explorer just fine.

I have 2 users who cannot do this from their NT boxes.
They get the "Incorrect Password or Unknown Username" error.

However, If they attempt the same thing from a different NT workstation,
they can access a sparc box via Win NT explorer just fine.

Also, I can log in as myself on one of the afflicted NT boxes and access
the sparcs via Win NT explorer just fine as well.

I did do the modification to the NT registry(added EnablePlainTextPassword
with a hex value of 0X0000001) like I do with all my users.  This did not
make a difference.  The users still get the "Incorrect Password or Unknown
Username" error.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Rich