Setting up Samba on Red Hat Linux 6.1

Peter Nosko pnosko at bellatlantic.net
Sat Apr 8 02:44:12 GMT 2000

pn] I'm trying to set up Samba on a Linux Red Hat 6.1 machine.  Other
machines on my network are NT4 and Win98.  I generally followed a NHT,
except that I have a domain using user-level access for shares instead of a
share-level access.  I couldn't get it to work, and tried diagnosing it
using the document at http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/DIAGNOSIS.html.
Several tests are not working as expected.

pn] Before I post the details, is this the correct list for me to get some
help?  Thanks in advance for being nice to this newbie.

-----
Peter Nosko