Server conncetion breaking (timeouts?)

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Fri Apr 7 16:08:56 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm running Samba 2.0.6 on Linux here, and I'm hitting a slight hiccup.
When a user opens a file (usually in Word or Excel) and then goes away
for a long time, upon returning to it and trying to save, they get a
message to the effect that they've lost their connection to the server.
Apparently, OK'ing this and trying again works, but I'd still like to
know what's happening, and if there's a fix. I don't have the exact
message, as I've not seen it, just had reports of it....

Any help would be much appreciated,

Mike.