network connection crashes

David Collier-Brown - Sun Canada davecb at scot.canada.sun.com
Fri Apr 7 14:22:51 GMT 2000

Carsten Jensen <north at get2net.dk> wrote:
| That doesn't change the crashing behaviour. Till now
| the only thing that DOES change the crashing behaviour
| is to set the debug level to 5 or above -- obviously not
| a proper solution.

	Cool: it's a timing issue, I'll bet!
	Running high logging levels slows Samba a lot,
	so let's try an experiment with one of the
	new timing options (suggested by yet another
	commentator on the list, Mark Ruedy)

		oplock break wait time  = 100

	This was discussed by Jeremy quite some time ago:
|  Someone just reported on the mailing list that upping
| "oplock break wait time" parameter from the default of 10 ms
| to 100ms fixed oplock break problems with Windows 98.

| If anyone is still having this problem with 2.0.6 could you
| try this fix and let me know the result. I want to find out if
| it improves things enough to make it the default.

--dave

David Collier-Brown in Boston
Phone: (781) 442-0734, Room BUR03-3632