Problem with nis homedir

Klaus Steinberger Klaus.Steinberger at Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Fri Apr 7 10:41:19 GMT 2000

Hello,

i tried the "nis homedir" and "homedir map" parameters, as I have several
NFS hoemdir servers, and I want to avoid the additional network hop.

But %n got always set to the name of the logon Server. Some code investigation
showed up, that the necessary code will be compiled in only if also
HAVE_NETGROUP is defined. This is never done. Probably this is missing from
configure. There is also other code aroung which is dependent on this
Preprocessor define.

This bug is present in 2.0.7pre3 as well as older releases, at least back
to 2.0.5a.

Compilation with -DHAVE_NETGROUP seems to get it working. At least %N now
will be set to the correct value, but only if a map entry for the user
is available. Users which are not listed in the map will get a empty %N!

Also %p does not work even with -DHAVE_NETGROUP, but I see no demand for %p.

Sincerely,
Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287        Hochschulgelaende, D-85748 Garching, Germany