AW: RH 6.1 samba 2.0.7pre3 BUG!

Rudolf Kollien Rudolf.Kollien at kollien.de
Thu Apr 6 22:37:24 GMT 2000

samba does the SMB(!) authentication against machine "a" but you MUST have
equal users on ALL machines. How else should samba create files on the unix
file system if there is no UNIX user to deal with? It is not a problem of
samba, it's a "problem" of unix. The only trick to do this would be to
create a dummy unix user and do a "force user" to this dummy on every share
on machine "b"

Regards

System-Consulting Kollien
Rudolf Kollien

Email: Rudolf.Kollien at kollien.de
Our home on the net: http://www.kollien.de
Never trust a operating system you have no sources for