printcap printer names

Heiko Nardmann h.nardmann at secunet.de
Thu Apr 6 09:21:03 GMT 2000

I am running Samba 2.0.6 successfully on a Linux machine.
Currently I try to add the two printers in our net to Samba.
Now I wonder which printer names in the printcap are shown when
I do a 'smbclient -L <linux machine>'.
The printcap contains something like
remote22|HPL4kSC|HP Laserjet floor 4
remote21|HPLaser4|HP Laserjet floor 3

Now the first printer shows up as 'HPL4kSC' with 'HP Laserjet floor4'
but the second shows up as 'remote21' with 'HP Laserjet floor3'.
Why is the selection of the field in the printcap different?

--
Heiko Nardmann (Dipl.-Ing.), h.nardmann at secunet.de, Software Development

secunet Security Networks AG - Sicherheit in Netzwerken
(www.secunet.de),
Weidenauer Str. 223-225, D-57076 Siegen
Tel. : +49 271 48950-13, Fax  : +49 271 48950-50