network connection crashes

Carsten Nordstrøm Jensen north at get2net.dk
Thu Apr 6 06:37:47 GMT 2000

> I had this same problem where I could move small files but not large files. It
> turned out to be a bad hub. The way you can check it is to FTP a large file
> across the hub. If it fails, the hub may need replacing.

That's not the problem in my case, but thanks anyway.

In my case FTP is the workaround I have to use -- that works. However,
that only solves my copy-problem. The network connection crash also
happens when I use programs that write lengthy output files -- for example
when I create a disc image for a CD-R.

The problem appears at several (at least 3) Win95 clients.

- Carsten