network connection crashes

Glenn Valenta glenn at coloradostudios.com
Wed Apr 5 19:36:22 GMT 2000

Carsten Nordstrøm Jensen wrote:

> > > An exception OE has appeared at 0028:C104311B in VxD ELNK3(01)+
> > > 00000E4B. This was called from 0028:C004374B in VxD NDIS(01)+
> > > 00006733. You may be able to continue as normal.
> > > I am NOT able to continue, I am not even able to restart
> > > the computer normally, have to use power off/power on
> > > method....
> >
> > Looks like a NIC drivers problem. Have you downloaded the latest
> > drivers from your NIC manufacturer? You should also install the "newer"
> > Win95 releases ("Win95b" or "Win95c") on your clients or apply MS'
> > Win95 service releases.
>
> Trying the newest driver for my NIC didn't help -- it changed
> the  error message a bit (different VxD file) but the network
> connection still crashed during the copy. And it is Windows 95
> OSR2 releases (Win95b).
>
> I am still open for suggestions.
>
> - Carsten

I had this same problem where I could move small files but not large files. It
turned out to be a bad hub. The way you can check it is to FTP a large file
across the hub. If it fails, the hub may need replacing.

Just my experience....

--
Glenn Valenta                        Engineering
          http://www.coloradostudios.com