pwload / reversed pwget

Sebastien Boving Sebastien.Boving at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Apr 5 14:33:16 GMT 2000

Hi,

I would be *VERY* interested in a reversed pwget (see
http://www.martnet.com/~johnny/exploits/microsoft/NT/WinNT.passwordhashes.deobfuscation.html)

to be able to automaticaly set first-time NT passwords
('smbpasswd -r' will only work if you first enter the 'previous'
password) on our PDC (evt. remote from UNIX through some tcp (ssh?)
connection).

Bjart Kvarme seems to have written such a tool, called 'pwload'
(see: http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba/December1997/0360.html). Has
anyone seen this code around? (Bjart didn't answer my email a couple of
months ago).

thanks in advance,
Sebastien Boving.

Sebastien Boving                       Departement van Elektrotechniek - ESAT
Kardinaal Mercierlaan 94                             Toegepaste Wetenschappen
B-3001 Heverlee.                               Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Tel.: +32-16.32.10.80                                   Fax.: +32-16.32.19.86
boving at esat.kuleuven.ac.be             http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~boving