Samba on Linux with no ACL's is making things tough

Michael Marschall mmarschall at voicerite.com
Tue Apr 4 16:12:59 GMT 2000

I am not sure who suggested it, but I have checked out the Linux Trustee
Project and the ACL support seems to work very well. It gives you quite
a bit of granularity and there is no noticeable performance hit.  If you
are replacing an NT box with Linux/Samba and need to have shares with
advanced permission sets then something like this is a must. All you
have to do is patch/compile the kernel, compile the settrustee
executable and setup your ACL's in a config file. Run the executable to
set the acl's and you are in business. I will be testing it thoroughly
over the next few weeks to make sure it will not break on me.

If anybody has any questions on setup you can email me personally and I
will help where I can.

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.braysystems.com/linux/trustees.html

The developer's first language is not English so please disregard the
spelling and grammar mistakes. I have offered to help him with
documentation and editing.

--
Michael Marschall
Infrastructure Manager