network connection crashes

Carsten Nordstrøm Jensen north at get2net.dk
Tue Apr 4 07:28:21 GMT 2000

Giulio Orsero wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 11:15:47 +0200, hai scritto:
>
> >On the "usual share I am able to get a crash at anytime. Can't
> >that be exploited for diagnosing?
> Then I would set the samba log level to 4 or more (up to 10), be sure
> noone else is doing anything with samba, try the copy, and see if the
> samba log shows a particular error when the win9x crashes.

Ok, I have experimented somewhat.
If the debug level is set to 4 or less, I can create a crash anytime. But

NOTHING is written in the samba log (/var/log/samba/log.smb) at the
time of the crash on the Win95 client.
If the debug level is set to 5 or above, apparently I cannot reproduce
the crash!! Isn't that a bit weird?

- Carsten