network connection crashes

Michael Martin michael at violetstar.com
Tue Apr 4 01:44:39 GMT 2000

I have been having a similar problem. I have samba 2.0.6 running on suse 6.2
set up as a stand alone server. All of my shares are on the /home/
filesystem which is on a SCSI drive while the rest of the filesystems are on
/dev/hda. When I am transferring files to/from the samba server from any
client I will sometimes get a kernel panic, sometimes the machine will
spontaneously reboot. I've switched NIC's with no change. The crashes happen
more often if the files being copied are nested in deep directories.

I suspect a SCSI problem but wanted to post here in case this is a known
samba problem.

Michael Martin