SMBCLIENT -> UNIX to NT mput

Matthew D. White matthew.white at hummingbird.com
Mon Apr 3 21:38:01 GMT 2000

Searching the archives I have seen this questions asked 2 times prior with
no response.

Here's the problem:

I am using SMBCLIENT to backup a directory structure to a share on a Windows
NT 4 Server.

I execute the following commands upon establishing a connection to the NT
server:
> recurse
> prompt
> lcd /directory/to/backup
> mask *
> mput *           // I've also tried to mput specific directory names with
no luck.

The error I get is:

> ERRDOS - 123 making remote directory \directory/subdirectory

When copying it will not recurse more than one directory in creating
directories on the NT server.
The obvious forward slash seems to be the culprit.

The user connected to the share has full control in that shared directory,
so I am sure it's not an issue of perms.

If anyone can shed some light on this situation, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

/m@