sysconfdir unused

Adrian Bridgett bridgett at hursley.ibm.com
Mon Apr 3 08:51:29 GMT 2000

Many, many thanks for SAMBA - it makes working with NT closer to the
"bearable" mark :-)

I've been trying to compile SAMBA on a box, so that it can be NFS mounted
and then just the configuration files and logs go elsewhere.

Looking at the code, "--sysconfdir" doesn't actually appear to be used
anywhere.  "--libdir" is used for both the codepages (which can be shared)
and smb.cof, lmhosts, printers.def (which I don't want to be shared).

I think Makefile.in needs to use sysconfdir for the last three files and
libdir for the codepages.

This is on samba-2.0.6.

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian Bridgett <bridgett at hursley.ibm.com>
Internal: 7-245528  External: 01962-815528
DM2E8 or DE2R05, Hursley Park, UK    (Mailpoint 211)