mount.smb

tridge at linuxcare.com tridge at linuxcare.com
Thu Sep 30 01:38:39 GMT 1999

> Quick point, if people start to complain about smbmount command line
> parameters keep changing, perhaps a check for how you (the binary) are
> named to decide how to parse the command lines (ala
> gzip/gunzip/sendmail/mailq/newaliases).

I did think about that, and Urbans initial patch for mount.smb support
did do that, but I decided it was better to cut our links with the
past and leave us with cleaner code. The new syntax (tying in with the
standard mount utility) really does make a lot more sense and is much
more extensible.

Cheers, Tridge