guest access and printer serving

Walter Dorciak walter at agpr-usa.com
Wed Sep 29 18:02:35 GMT 1999

Telnet into the printer, hit enter couple times, type forward slash and hit
enter. You should get a page like this:

Please type [Return] two times, to initialize telnet configuration
For HELP type "?"

   ===JetDirect Telnet Configuration===
        Present Config  : FRONT PANEL/TELNET
        MAC Address     : 00:60:b0:37:ae:24

        IP Address      : 192.168.0.41
        Subnet Mask     : 255.255.255.0
        Default Gateway : 192.168.0.1
        Syslog Server   : 0.0.0.0
        Idle Timeout    : 120 Seconds
        Set Cmnty Name  : Not Specified
        Host Name       : ACCOUNTING

        DHCP Config     : Disabled
        Passwd          : Disabled
        Novell          : Disabled
        DLC/LLC         : Enabled
        Ethertalk       : Disabled
        Banner page     : Enabled

Type "banner:0", that should disable banner page, then type quit. You might
need to turn local echo on, if you don't see what you are typing.

Walter.