Performance problem with ACCESS MDB files

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Sep 29 14:45:15 GMT 1999

Investigate oplocks. I bet this is related to oplocks one way or another.
I've heard of prior Access problems solved with oplocks tweaks.

You mention "In order to reduce the amount of protocols on the network and
other benefits, we've decided to replace the NOVELL server with SAMBA". I'm
very eager to learn what other Samba vs. Netware benefits you percieve. I'm
often asked about that, and I couldn't come up with anything other than
cost, which is a pretty lame way for me to sell services.

Thanks

Steve Litt