MS Word with CVS

Alexandre Lecuyer Alexandre.Lecuyer at iu-vannes.fr
Wed Sep 29 14:15:41 GMT 1999

Hello all,

We've been using samba (CVS version) for about a month now with
several applications, and had no problems except with Word 97.
You can save a document once, but after a change if you try
to save the document again, it fails, and the file's opened
read-only.
I have seen in the archive that a fix came with the 2.0.4b
version, and I'd like to know if there is a patch for the CVS
as well.
The "force create mode = 644" trick works, but isn't appropriate
for all the shares.

Server : RH 6.0, kernel 2.2.12, CVS dloaded on the 22/09/99
Clients: NT 4.0 + SP4, Office 97 + SR2

--
Alexandre Lécuyer
CCRI IUT-IUP de Vannes