Samba can't keep NT shares mounted

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Sat Sep 25 10:03:04 GMT 1999

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Matthew Vanecek wrote:

> Steve Rhodes wrote:
> >
> > I will be continuing to pursue this issue and narrow down the
> > variablesassociated with the failure.  Thanks to everyone that has sent in
> > messages on this problem, and kudos to you if you have managed to read
> > through this lengthy post.
> >

> Maybe the attached file will help.  It's a bz2 of the strace typescript

Yes, it makes it more certain that it is the debug output that is causing
everyones problems. It writes to fd 1, which was closed long ago and now
is the socket instead. But when writing the connection has been closed,
hence EPIPE (somewhere the process has been set to ignore, catch or block
SIGPIPE, see write(2)).

The trace show the same thing as Andrew Pimlott reported to "Tridge" & the
list. This will be fixed in 2.0.6 as I understand it.

client/smbmount.c send_fs_socket has a DEBUG(0,...) that is wrapped in
#ifndef, change that to #ifdef. But there are a lot of other DEBUG calls
made in that function, they should perhaps also be #ifdef'ed or changed
into syslog calls (or something).

/Urban