Can samba access unix with group prvlges ?

David Foy davef at bristol.st.com
Thu Sep 23 17:04:36 GMT 1999

Hi All,
  Can samba access a unix fs using the unix group privilege ?

The experiments I have tried so far indicate that if the file is owned by the
user, then the 'user' unix privileges are obeyed, but if the file is owned by
someone else, then the 'other' privilege takes effect (not group).

I would like to setup samba so that only a specific group of people can modify
some files (not owned by themselves) but not make these files 'world-writable'.

TIA
Dave

--

    __/__/ __/__/__/    Phone: +44 1454 462532
   __(       __/        Fax:   +44 1454 617910
    __)     __/         Email: David.Foy at st.com

STMicroelectronics
1000, Aztec West,
Almondsbury,