dates screwed up, help!

Paul Sherwin psherwin at telinco.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 14:14:14 GMT 1999

>Date:   Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:48:40 +0100
>From:   Massimo Pinto <pinto at graylab.ac.uk>
>To:     samba at samba.org
>Subject: dates screwed up, help!
>
>and everything looked fine. Now I have just noticed that when "touching"
>or creating files everything behaves strangely, that is the date is not
>created as it should.

This sounds like a classic example of a kernel compiled with the 'Windows
95 bugfix' support option selected (I believe the RH6.0 stock kernel has
this). This screws up smbfs datestamps on servers that are _not_ running
W95, i.e. NT or W98. The only solution I know is to rebuild your kernel
with this option deselected.

There's been ongoing correspondence about this in this list for ages. Have
a search back through the archives for more info.

Best regards, Paul

Paul Sherwin Consulting     22 Monmouth Road, Oxford OX1 4TD, UK
Phone  +44 (0)1865 721438   http://www.telinco.co.uk/psherwin/index.htm
Mobile +44 (0)7931 578334   mailto:psherwin at telinco.co.uk
Pager  +44 (0)7666 797228