smbfs mounted files created owned by root?

Terry Dwyer - Sysadmn tdwyer at io.telstra.com.au
Thu Sep 16 05:14:29 GMT 1999

> ------------------------------

I had this happen to me the other day on 2 of the three unix boxes I run
at home.

The two it was happening on were both running 2.0.5a.  The other one was
an older 1.x.x machine.

The logs on the two affected boxes showed the users with the problem were
both connecting as root.

I commented out  "admin users = afected_user1 affected_user2" on the two
machines running 2.0.5a and the problem dissapeared.
The machine running 1.x.x didn't have the problem, but it didn't have any
entries for "admin users =" either.

I was going to follow up on this and enquire if it is a bug, then your
posts showed up.

So is it a bug?

BTW, you can have "domain admin users = who_ever" without problems, and
swat still works 8-)