Connecting to a Samba Share accross Routers

Bruce Jewell Bruce at unisuper.com.au
Tue Sep 14 06:28:45 GMT 1999

We currently have SAMBA installed on a HP3000 and we are able
to see the share via Network Neighborhood on the same Network
as the HP3000.

Where we have a problem is trying to see the share on a remote
network that is connected via routers and an ISDN link. To add to
the problem the remote Network is using Netware.

>From what I have read  the SAMBA share is available in Network
Neighborhood via NETBIOS, which is a non routable protocol. One
solution would be to use WINS, which I am reluctant to do. Is there
any way of seeing the SAMBA share over a Router from a Netware
enviroment without using WINS?

Regards

Bruce

 Bruce Jewell
 Network Engineer & Website Administrator
 UniSuper Management
 +61 3 9648 4144

 Mail - bruce at unisuper.com.au
 WWW  - www.unisuper.com.au