problem with smbmount

Paolo Borsa samvise at bigfoot.com
Mon Sep 13 10:15:46 GMT 1999

Hello all.

I've a <BIG> problem with smbmount.
I use samba 2.0.5a on a linux slackware 4.0 (kernel 2.2.6) machine and a
WinNT Server 4.0 (sp3, sp4, sp5...).
When I mount a WinNT share (i.e. test) with command "smbmount
//winntserver/test /mnt" I see  a complete confusion on the file(s) date in
/mnt directory.
I read dates from 1900 since 2100. If I "touch" to create a new file (touch
dumb) I obtain a date totally wrong (now is 10:32:58 : 23 Jan 1903 on the
linux box and 24 Feb 1980 on NT box), if i touch another file (touch dumb2)
only few seconds after dumb, I obtain a date very very different (i.e. 8
Sep 1959 on the linux box and 13 Feb 1987 on the NT box). If I create a new
file from the WinNT box (Correct date on NT), the date is again incorrect
on the linux box.
Finally, I've tried to touch a file created on linux with a "wrong" date
(but correct on NT box)... A disaster... Each time I touch the file (with
the same parameter) i always obtain a different date...

Nicely, I've noticed that this problem does not exist with Win95 share...

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Paolo Borsa